JOB TITLE: COMMUNITY ASSISTANT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: COMMUNITY MANAGER
• Hold a relevant qualification and experience in this field.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have excellent presentation and report writing skills.
• Have excellent multitasking skills.
• Have an understanding of up-to-date best practices in rehabilitation services.
• Give advice and support to mentor team in assigned area.
• Lead by example, encouraging and motivating the team.
• Be self-motivated.
• Have a full clean driving licence.
• All GALRO Staff Require Garda Clearance.
The main duties of the Supervising Assistant are as follows:
• In conjunction with line manager and other professionals carry out needs-led assessments and risk assessment at admission and when exploring rehabilitation and support options.
• Create, update and maintain all Personal Support plans for service users in conjunction with key workers, service users, their families and the multidisciplinary team.
• Ensure that staff complete key working sessions in order for service users to reach their set goals.
• Work with the team providing information on service/support options for individual service users.
• Respond to service users support needs in the community and negotiate with identified community services on behalf of service users.
• Liaise with staff to ensure that all standards set out for ‘New Directions’ are delivered, implemented and monitored and that evidence of same is apparent.
• Complete staff induction with new staff members.
• Complete necessary audits when required.
• Liaise with lead staff on a daily basis to implement processes necessary for service provision
• Act as a liaison between service users their families and staff as needed.
• Network in the community, identifying and co-ordinating community services and supports in the best interest of the service user group.
• Negotiate placements with community service providers/employers on behalf of a service user.
• Carry out staff supervision when required.
• Analyse and oversee time and attendance system for Community staff including declared rosters and link in with staff and Head Office regarding same.
• Monitor, supervise and ensure medication records are maintained in accordance with policies, procedures and best practice.
• Develop and maintain budget plans for service users and ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with policies, procedures and best practice.
• Prepare weekly/monthly reports as required and send to line manager.
• Support front line staff to complete reports correctly.
• Attend staff disciplinary meetings when deemed necessary.
• Attend Multidisciplinary and Personal Plan review meetings for service users as requested by line manager.
• Follow up on application for housing, rent allowance, medical cards, and social welfare entitlements on behalf of service users.
• Liaise with mentors and support staff to ensure all service users are actively engaging with community services, i.e., QQI courses, employment opportunities etc.
• Observe team members working practices and report issues that arise to line manager.
• Liaise with and co-ordinate daily operations for the Maintenance and Cleaning staff in the absent of the Community Service Manager.
• Co-ordinate community transport fleet in the absence of the Community Service Manager.
• In conjunction with line manager ensure paperwork at all work locations within the area of responsibility comply with GALRO policies and procedures, current statutory requirements, HSE guidelines and HIQA standards if applicable.
• Attend meetings and take minutes as requested.
• Participate in weekend roster as required.
• Participate in out-of-hours on call duty as required.
• Carry out mentor duties in conjunction with the above role
• Be willing to further own personal development and knowledge base, i.e. attend courses, seminars, etc, as advised.
• Exercise duties in accordance with health & safety regulations.
• All other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role that may be assigned from time to time.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties involved and consequently the post holder will be required to perform other duties relevant to the post that may be assigned from time to time and to be pro-active in developing the post.
The post holder will from time to time have access to or hear information concerning the medical or personal affairs of a Service users or information relating to other staff or GALRO services generally. Such information is strictly confidential and at no time shall it be divulged, discussed or acted upon except in the performance of normal duty relevant to this post where at all times the post holder will act in the best interest of the Service users.