JOB TITLE: Human Resource Administrator
LOCATION: Head Office Longford
REPORTING TO: Employment Relations Manager
The provision of support and information to Management in their role and to ensure that GALRO has sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff to enable it to meet its service objectives effectively. Be actively involved in the recruitment process. Work with management to assist them in understanding and effectively implementing procedures and policies. Ensure procedures, policies and practices are in line with core diversity and equality values. Be the first point of contact for all Human Resources related queries. Develop and maintain relevant staff policies and procedures, including Health & Safety policies. Ensure all staff are aware of their role in relation to operational practices and policies. Initiate necessary reviews and audits to ensure adherence to such policies and procedures. Maintain and devise a suitable database of training requirements and delivery, ensuring all staff receive adequate induction training and complete all assigned mandatory training.
• Be of good character
• Hold a relevant third level degree
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have excellent IT skills
• Be self-motivated and organised
• Have excellent report writing skills and record keeping skills.
• Have a good knowledge of the function of the Human Resource department
• All GALRO staff require satisfactory Garda vetting and Garda vetting must be renewed every three (3) years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that GALRO has a full complement of suitable and appropriately qualified staff, to ensure it meets its service objectives and obligations.
• In consultation with the Employment Relations Manager and the Heads of Care, take responsibility for the identification of staffing requirements, including staff numbers, qualifications, relevant experience and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate and carry out all recruitment needs in relation to the filling of identified vacancies, including preparing job descriptions and job specifications, advertisements, short listing candidates, interviewing and selection of employees.
• Carry out all the necessary administrative functions involved with the recruitment of staff, including conducting reference checks, securing relevant Garda vetting and international police clearance, collecting relevant candidate qualifications, training, driving licences, photo ID’s and health declarations, and ensuring selected candidates complete all relevant documentation, along with issuing contracts of employment and relevant policies and procedures to selected candidates.
• Inform GALRO Accounts department of new employees, providing all necessary and relevant information, such as pay rates, hours of work and bank account details.
• Develop and deliver a staff induction programme.
• Devise, update and distribute a suitable employee handbook.
• Develop new staff policies and continuously review existing staff policies to ensure they are in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and best practice.
• Ensure that GALRO’s HR function operates in accordance with best practice and complies with all relevant employment legislation.
• Keep up to date with relevant HR developments and applicable changes in employment legislation.
• Maintain appropriate staff records and files to ensure that management of information requirements are met and facilitate appropriate analysis from regulatory authorities as required.
• Make presentations, as required, to Line Management and staff on staff policies, procedures and changes to the employment relationship.
• Carry out analyses of training requirements, and in partnership with the Employment Relations Manager and the Heads of Care, develop a training strategy to meet these training needs.
• Administer the training function to ensure that all training needs are met.
• Conduct staff training, as considered appropriate and necessary.
• Work with the Employment Relations Manager and Heads of Care in the resolution of grievances, or disputes, that may occur and provide support and assistance in relation to such matters.
• Support the Employment Relations Manager to conduct investigations and compile evidence and documentation in support of decisions made by the Employment Relations Manager.
• Promote and support positive staff relations throughout the organisation.
• Develop and administer a performance management programme appropriate to the needs of GALRO.
• Administer staff resignations, redundancies or dismissals ensuring that all cessation monies are paid and relevant documentation forwarded to employees, ensuring compliance with notice periods etc.
• Report on attendance and absenteeism figures on a monthly basis, or more often as required. Conduct back to work interviews, liaise with medical professionals and staff in relation to long term absences and liaise with insurance firms etc., as applicable.
• Support and assist the Employment Relations Manager at any tribunal, or third party hearings.
• Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of Staff (see duties of Health and Safety Officer below).
Health and Safety:
• Develop, implement and monitor the Staff Health, Safety and Welfare Policy within GALRO.
• Provide health and safety support to the Employment Relations Manager and the Heads of Care.
• Promote and increase awareness of health, safety and welfare amongst staff and management in GALRO.
• Monitor and ensure all GALRO workplaces are in compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and policies.
• Conduct risk assessments on an ongoing basis, or as required by regulation or workplace experience, and compile appropriate databases to report on trends.
• Arrange and carry out regular inspections of sites to ensure employee compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Assist with investigations and report on any accidents or complaints received.
• Carry out safety induction with all new employees as part of the staff induction programme.
• Conduct appropriate Health & Safety training courses for staff.
• Liaise with relevant regulatory bodies in relation to health, safety and welfare matters.
• Coordinate and facilitate Health and Safety meetings as required.
The post holder will from time to time have access to or hear information concerning the medical or personal affairs of a client, their family or information relating to other staff or GALRO services generally. Such information is strictly confidential and at no time shall it be divulged, discussed or acted upon except in the performance of normal duty relevant to this post where at all times the post holder will act in the best interest of the client.